Single-component, waterborne, polyurethane finish for wood or cork floors, destined for residential/commercial use.
For further enhance these features you can add 10% IDRO2 hardener to the paint.
The product, catalyzed with IDRO2, is also particularly suited for parquet floors in gymnasiums, because it amply fulfils standard requirements with regard to slipperiness EN 13036-4. Designed for ease of application, the product can be applied by roller, brush or spraying and it is particularly suitable for light wood species (oak, beech, pine, etc.).
Semigloss sheen (about 50 gloss)
Satin sheen (about 35 gloss)
Mat sheen (about 10 gloss)
Packaging: 1L; 5L; 10L
- Preserves the wood's natural appearance
- Stands up to impact and wear
- Can be catalysed with IDRO2
- Easy to apply
Water-based one-component finish ACCENT
Water-based, single-component, aliphatic, polyurethane finish for wood or cork floors, destined for residential/commercial use. The product gives the floor great wear and excellent resistance against abrasion, shocks, as well as to heels and chemicals for domestic use.
To enhance the physical-chemical resistance of the finish film, it is possible to add to the amount of product to be used for the final coat 10% of IDRO2 hardener.
The varnish, catalyzed with IDRO2, is also particularly suited for parquet floors in gymnasiums because it meets the requirements for slipperiness UNI EN 13036-4:2004 (test report reference number 0230/DC/REA/12_2).
ACCENT is easy to mix and apply by roller, brush or spraying and it is particularly suitable for light wood species (oak, beech, pine, etc.).
The product has been designed for use on its own bit it can also be applied combined with one of the water-based primers Carver. The Mat version (not catalysed) can also be used as a primer for others in our range of two-part, water-based finishes.
PREPARING THE BASE
Sand the surface, removing any traces of pre-existing oil, wax, or varnish, and use this to fill and level with one of our binders for filler. After completing the final sanding (a grain size of #100-120 is recommended), remove the dust produced using a vacuum cleaner and anti-static cloth.
- Shake the ACCENT can to dissolve any sediment that has formed on the bottom. In case of catalyzation of the last coat, after shaking the container, pour the varnish into the application container, then add 10% IDRO2 and mix very well. Wait 10-15 minutes before application to allow any foam formed during shaking to dissolve and in the case of the catalyzed product, to allow its pre-airing.
- Apply a generous coat of product (when using a roller, we recommend Carver MONACO or POSEIDONE), abiding by the times stated for sanding or over coating, in one of the following cycles.
- For a cycle that will not change the colour of the wood: apply 2 or 3 coats of ACCENT using a roller or brush, always respect the sanding and re-coating times in the table.
- For a cycle combined with a primer that will not change the colour of the wood: apply 1 or 2 coats of ACCENT in combination with one of the following products used as a primer:
- FONDO 300 (see technical data sheet)
- AQUAHIT Mat (see technical data sheet)
- To carry out a rapid water cycle: apply ACCENT with our FAST water-based primer (see the technical data sheet of this product).
Any different cycle or applying method should be previously verified.
Use the floor polisher with abrasive pads, grain size #180-220. In case of Trio, use a grain size of 80-100.
For spray application with curtain coater or other industrial application method, contact the Carver Technical Assistance Service.
- Eliminate dust with ANTISTATIC CLOTHS and if necessary, use a vacuum sweeper with non-rotating, natural-fibre bristles, suitable for parquet.
- For cleaning the parquet, use one of the following options:
- Wipe with a soft cloth, soaked in a diluted DETER PARQUET solution (see the technical data sheet) and squeezed. According to the foot traffic the floor is exposed to, follow the wash with a treatment using a diluted solution of our POLISH PARQUET, used as special maintenance treatment (see the technical data sheets).
- Wipe with a soft cloth, soaked in a diluted POLISH PARQUET solution, used for frequent/routine maintenance (see the technical data sheet) and squeezed.
- Wipe with a soft cloth, soaked in a slightly diluted PRONTO POLISH PARQUET solution (see the technical data sheet) and squeezed.
- Acclimatize and apply wood and product at a temperature between +15°C and +35°C. Make sure that the relative humidity in the room is from 35% to 75%.
- Before application, make sure the hardener is completely dissolved in the finish (there is always a little increase of the mixture viscosity in comparison with the component 1 viscosity). Catalysed paint retains its effectiveness for 4 hours. After this period of time, the paint cannot be used.
- Always adhere to the prescribed recoating and abrading schedule. When recoating with ACCENT without sanding, do not exceed the 12 hr interval from the previous coat. When sanding and recoating, do not exceed a 5-day interval. Should also this latter interval be exceeded, in order to ensure good adhesion it is necessary to perform careful sanding, wash the floor with a cloth soaked in IDROCLEANER and to add 5% of our DILUENTE GRIP (see the technical data sheet of this product) to the catalyzed finish.
- After abrading, always vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- To improve coating or to delay drying, especially in very hot weather, add 5-10% water to the catalysed varnish or 2% of our DILUENTE GRIP.
- Adhere strictly to the recommended amounts. Matt varnishes tend to become glossy when rubbed, if applied in a very thin layer.
- Before treating tropical woods or dark woods in general, it is advisable to perform a test beforehand to avoid undesired colour changes.
- When refinishing old floors, and in all cases in which the wood is very dry, add 10% water to the first coat.
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 24 hours. It achieves the optimal mechanical resistance after 5-7 days.