PRIM’AUTHENTIC is a protective sealer made with natural-origin oils and resins, designed especially for wood and for hardwood flooring in particular. Used with AUTHENTIC and with care products from the Oil Carver line, gives surfaces great resistance to wear and excellent chemical resistance. Though no evident film is left on the surface, it enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
PRIM’AUTHENTIC penetrates into the wood deeply, while the AUTHENTIC finish gives the surface a highly resistant, dirt-repellent protection. Using this product combination, it is possible to nourish the wood and to protect it against wear and domestic chemicals.
PRIM’AUTHENTIC is available in a choice of 6 colours (see colour chart), all of which are light resistant and non yellowing. All variants can be mixed together to create customised shades.
PRIM’AUTHENTIC application must always be followed by a coat of AUTHENTIC.
PRIM’AUTHENTIC is suitable for artisanal application on hardwood new-laid or new-sanded floors, factory-sanded and optionally brushed floors, as well as for industrial production of pre-finished wood floors.
- Depth of colors
- Does not turn yellow in time
- Available in 6 colors
Oil-based, deep-penetrating primer PRIM'AUTHENTIC
ARTISAN APPLICATION ON LARGE OR SMALL SURFACES
PREPARING THE BASE
- Sand the surface, removing any traces of pre-existing oil, wax, or varnish, and use this to fill and level with one of our binders for filler. After completing the final sanding (a grain size of #100-120 is recommended), remove the dust produced using a vacuum cleaner and anti-static cloth.
- Shake the can of PRIM’AUTHENTIC well before applying to allow the adequate dispersion of the pigments.
- Apply a fine coat of PRIM’AUTHENTIC according to the recommended amounts, using a spatula (Carver AC 7610 type), rag, brush or roller (AC7553 roller recommended). After 10 minutes, remove any excess product not absorbed by the wood using a rag or PU rubber spatula.
- After 20/30 minutes, pass a floor polisher (low speed) using a White/Green pad to even the applied coat.
- After about 4 hours, if necessary, use a floor polisher with a white pad on the floor to remove any traces of oil from the joints and wood knots.
- Pour a very small amount of product straight onto the surface to be treated and apply it in a very thin coat, using a rag or spatula.
- After 20-30 minutes, wipe over the surface with a rag or a piece of Green/White pad to even out the application.
- After about 60 minutes, if necessary, pass an orbital floor polisher with a soft pad over the floor to remove any excess oil from the wood.
24 hrs later, apply AUTHENTIC finish (for more information, see the relative TECHNICAL DATASHEET).
For more information about the industrial application of PRIM’AUTHENTIC, please contact our Technical Assistance service.
- Shake the can well before applying the product (above all when using a coloured version).
- Before applying the product, wait for the surface being treated to reach a room temperature of at least +15°C.
- Whichever method is chosen for application, oils must be spread thinly, according to our recommended coverage. At the end of the treatment, the product must have been completely absorbed by the wood.
- Applying overly thick coats can cause problems in the drying process, especially in joint and knot areas.
- It is necessary to remember that the gram weight and drying times will depend on the type of wood being treated. Higher absorption capacities of wood mean greater weights of product and faster surface drying times.
- Change the original colour using other PRIM’AUTHENTIC colours: every shade of PRIM’AUTHENTIC can be mixed with the others from the range, with no limit as to amount.
- Before disposal, rinse used rags and paper soaked in product in water to prevent spontaneous combustion.