Acrylic impregnating product for the staining and total protection of the wood indoor and outdoor.
COLORHIT protects the treated surface from water and UV-radiation, and can be over-coated with all Carver interior and exterior finishing products.
Available in a neutral base version (which can be modified at will through an addition of Carver AQUAPAST coloured pastes) and in different colours (see colour card).
Packaging:1L; 1 Gallon
- UV and damp protection
- For indoor and outdoor wood
Mordanting stain COLORHIT
MORDANTING FOR PARQUET FLOORS
Sand the wood surface with 100-120 grit sandpaper to eliminate all traces of oil, wax or paint. Then clean the surface accurately to remove all dust, and proceed with one of the two methods below:
- Apply a coat of EPSILON or FAST 2004 diluted with DILUENTE GRIP (thin ratio 20-30% thinner, 80%-70% colour). Sand with 180 grit paper or mesh and apply a coat of COLORHIT by hand with a wad, diluted with DILUENTE GRIP (20% thinner, 80% colour). Without sanding, apply a coat or primer or finish. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions concerning the times between coats, indicated in the table. After waiting the appropriate length of time, sand the surface but be careful to not break through the film. Then, apply a second coat of finish. (This procedure is not advisable with high temperatures and low relative humidity, because the time allowed for application is considerably reduced).
- use a roller or brush to apply three coats of finish mixed with 2-5% coloured COLORHIT. Sand between coats.
It is advisable to apply FONDO 300 or EPSILON as the first coat, diluted with GRIP thinner ratio: 20% thinner, 80% colour). Sand the wood and treat with a mordent in one of the ways described. In any case, it is advisable to mix the finish with 2-4% COLORHIT white (do a preliminary test).
FINISHING WINDOWS, DOORS AND WOOD ITEMS FOR OUTDOOR USE
Sand the wood surface with 180-220 grit sandpaper to eliminate all traces of oil, wax or paint. Then clean the surface accurately to remove all dust, and proceed with one of the two methods below;
- Apply a coat of coloured COLORHIT by hand, with a wad or sponge. Without sanding, use a brush or spray applicator to apply two coats of AQUANATUR or AQUA WD mixed with 5% coloured COLORHIT.
- Apply one coat of COLORHIT diluted ACQUA BLU (thin ratio: with 40% ACQUA BLU, 60% colour).
Use a brush or spray applicator. Without sanding, use a brush or spray applicator to apply two coats of AQUANATUR or AQUA WD, mixed with 5% coloured COLORHIT if possible.
- Apply a first coat of white COLORHIT as described (in case of un wanted extractions, follow the preliminary application with two coats of IDROPROTECT or one of neutral COLORHIT diluted to 50%). For a covering effect, finish the job with two coats of white AQUACOLOR, applied with spray applicator or brush. For a mordanting effect, finish the job with two coats of neutral AQUACOLOR mixed with 5% of white COLORHIT, applied with a brush or spray applicator.
Apply at a temperature between +59°F and +95°F with a relative humidity rate between 35% and 80%. Allow product to acclimatize before application.
The tonality of the colours can vary remarkably according to the wood species and preparation, to the application method and the amount of applied product. Therefore we recommend to do preliminary tests before starting application.
Protect from freezing!
Dispose of excess product in authorized dumps!
If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.